Musician “Yasser Abdelrahman”
The musician “Yasser Abdelrahman” was born in Cairo 1961 of a cultural and literary family. This atmosphere helped him to be genius at early age.His father is the late great writer/ Abdelrahman Fahmy who enriched the cultural and artistic life in Egypt with several and various literary and fiction works. He was domiciled at his house in Manial EL Roda in Cairo where Egyptian Literary Association was established in cooperation with the great poet/ Salah Abdelsabour, Dr. Ezz Eldin Ismail, Mr. Abdelghafar Mekawy and Mr. Farouk Khorshid.Evenings of masters of literature and thought held in the house of the great writer/ Abdelrahman Fahmy were not devoid of reading classic and modern poetry, or discussing aspects of literature, poetry and art in general whether of old or modern poets and writers. As well as, such evenings shed light on methods of dramatic and literary structure of various artistic and fictional works at that time. Reading poetry by such masters was accompanied by soundtrack developed and played by the late writer/ Abdelrahman Fahmy who was fluent in playing violin as a hobby and for entertainment.This literary and cultural salon with its consecutive evenings attracted the child Yasser Abdelrahman who continued to attend such evenings and listen to them passionately until his perceptions and artistic emotions grew up and fulfilled with this elegant cultural atmosphere. Since he was a child, he knew the difference between elite art and literature and other attempts of them.His talent grew up in such constructive atmosphere. He became aware of the authentic art and literature. He began to reinforce this talent through academic study in order to combine between talent, study and experience through his study of music…. From here, he began his path in academic study.
The musician Yasser Abdelrahman studied at Egyptian Academy of Arts. He was the first student who combined between studying in Arab Music Institute and Conservatory. He has obtained bachelor degree in music from Egyptian Arab Music Institute in 1983 and has been appointed after graduation as teaching assistant in the same institute. He has studied violin through group of great Egyptian and foreign violinists. With regard to playing oriental violin, he was a student of Mr. Ahmed Elhefnawy, Attia Sharara, Abdelfattah Khairy and Saad Mohamed Hassan. He has learned methods of playing oriental violin (as they are masters of playing oriental violin) and extracted his own oriental style in playing violin.With regard to world classical playing, his ambition has not stopped at studying in Egyptian conservatory institute. After he had begun his path in this institute as a student of Dr. Hassan Sharara, he spent from his own money for several years in order to study and master classical playing of violin from its origin. He has studied under two Great Russian experts; Prof. Igor Khachabeban and Prof. Irakli Beridza who were students of one of classical violin worldwide magnates “David Awesstrakh”. So, Yasser Abdelrahman has combined between two different schools in music and managed to extract his own style in playing, writing and music.
The most important awards:
- Egyptian cinema award from Cairo International Film Festival, 1990 for film “El Embrator”
- The best soundtrack from Alexandria International Film Festival, 10th round, 1994 for film “Youm Har Geddan”.
- The best soundtrack from Festival of Annual Movie Organization, 20th round, 1994 for film “EL Basha”.
- The best soundtrack from Alexandria International Film Festival, 11th round, 1995 for film “Gabr El Khawater”.
- The best soundtrack from Radio and Television Festival 1995 for film “Al Tariq Ela Eilat”.
- The best soundtrack from National Festival of Egyptian Cinema, 12th round, 1996 for film “Ya Donia Ya Gharami”.
- The best soundtrack from Egyptian Film Association, 2002 for film ” Ayam El Sadat”
- The best soundtrack from Radio and Television Festival for series “Ellel W Akhro”.
- The best soundtrack from Alexandria Film Festival, 2008 for film “Lelit El Baby Doll”.
- Egyptian Cinema Oscar, 2009 for soundtrack of film “Hassan & Morkos”.
- National Festival of Egyptian Cinema, 2009 for film “Lelit El Baby Doll”.
- The best soundtrack from National Festival 18th round, 2014 for film “Saa W Nos”.
The most important honors:
- Honor from Cairo International Film Festival in 100th anniversary of Egyptian Cinema in recognition of his outstanding tender in field of soundtrack.
- Honor from Cairo International Song Festival, 4th round, 1998.
- Honor from Arab Music Festival 2005 to be the youngest honored in the history of festival as he regarded one of music symbols in Arab World.
- Honor form House of Commons of Canada 2009 during functions of Egyptian festival in Canada held by Egyptian Canadian Association for his artistic career.
- Honor from jury of Carthage Music Festival in Tunis 2017.
The most important films:
|1||Saa W Nos||10||Leh Ya Banafseg||19||Fares EL Madina|
|2||Hassan & Morkos||11||El Embrator||20||Gabr EL Khawater|
|3||Lelit El Baby Doll||12||El Basha||21||Kashf El Mastour|
|4||Hya Fawda||13||Nazwa||22||Youm Har Geddan|
|5||Khyana Mashroua||14||Fagh El Gawasis||23||El Hob Ben kosein|
|6||Malaky Alexandria||15||Al tariq Ela Eilat||24||El Mowaten Masry|
|7||Ayam El Sadat||16||Hekayat El Gharib||25||Tofaha|
|8||Nasser 56||17||Bawabet Eblis||26||Saa W Nos|
|9||Arak El Balah||18||Ya dounia Ya Gharami|
The most Important TV Series:
|1||El wesia||29||Asir Bela Kyoud|
|2||El Mal w El Banon||30||El Ferar Men El Hob|
|3||Fe Baitana Ragol||31||El Sqoot Fe Ber Saba|
|4||EL Waqf||32||Hadret El Motahm Aby|
|5||Al Dawaa El Shared||33||Al Asdkaa|
|6||Al Tawam||34||Saqf El Alam|
|7||Sara||35||Hadikat El Shar|
|8||Fares Bela Gawad||36||Ayamna|
|9||Al Ragol Al Akhar||37||Ragol Fe Zaman Al Awlama|
|10||Ellel W Akhro||38||Lma El Talab Fat|
|11||Khalty Safia w El Dair||39||El Aela W El Nas|
|12||Qalb El Asad||40||El Mehna Tabib|
|13||El Marsa W El Bahar||41||El Dam W El Nar|
|14||Lladala Wegoh kathira||42||El Abtal|
|15||El Bahar Mandy||43||El Hakika W El Sarab|
|16||Seif El Dawla El Hamadany||44||Amana Ya Leil|
|18||Hayat El Gohary||46||Sanawat El Ghadab|
|20||Adam||48||Tyour El Shams|
|21||Mawad Ma El Wehoush||49||El Weshah El Abyad|
|22||El Hob bad El Medawla||50||Haras Selah|
|24||Azwag W Zawgat||52||Haret El Tablawy|
|25||Alf Lila||53||Bahar EL Ghorba|
|26||Souq El Asr||54||Awlad El Shaware|
|27||Lam Yakon Abadan Laha|
The most important singing albums:
- Tegish Neish
- Asfour El Matar
- Lelit Eshq
- Shebak Kadim
The most important musical albums:
- Zekrayat (1)
- Zekrayat (2)
- Nasser 56
- Lelit El Baby Doll
The most important single songs:
- Aref Eny Wahed Tany
- W Reget Men El Safar
- Maythekish Aliha
- Ya Einy Aliky Ya Tiba
- Hwa Enty Leh Beida Keda
- Law Tekdary
- Ya Tayaleaa Al Shagara
- Zamanaq Rah
Musical Works and Operetta:
- Ya Massr Hodnek Rabany
- Oyoun Al Watan
- Horas Al Watan